Today’s Deal of the Day with Country Gourmet Home is the Chocoholic Brownie Mix
|A rich home made brownie mix with added chocolate chips for an even richer chocolate flavor.Makes a 8 x 8 pan of wonderful chocolate brownies, just add water.
Price: Was $6.95 **Sale** $4.75
To order go to: http://www.cookinwithmixes.com
Now On to Brownie Facts to Sweeten your Day!
- The first brownie ever made, like other culinary mishaps (the sandwich, pizza, potato chip) was actually a mistake. The baker didn’t have baking powder and ended up with an unleavened fudgy treat.
- The first brownie recipe was found in a Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalogue in the 1800’s. Sears’ last general merchandise catalogue was published in 1993.
- The world’s largest brownie was made in 2001. It weighed in at 3,000 lbs. and was made with 750 lbs. of chocolate chips, 500 lbs. of butter, 850 lbs of sugar, 500 lbs. of flour and 3,500 eggs!
- The first brownie made was not actually a brownie at all. It was a tasty treat sweetened with molasses that we now know as a blondie.
- The brownie has its roots in America. However, similar bar cookies and squares can be found internationally, including baklava in the Middle East, nanaimo bars from Canada and tray bakes from the UK.
- There are two types of brownies: fudgy and cake-like. Fudgy tops the preference list of most consumers.
- Although its origin may be shrouded in mystery, its name is not, which is clearly derived from its brown color.
- Brownie points in modern usage are a hypothetical social currency, which can be accrued by doing good deeds or earning favor in the eyes of another- often one’s superior. The origin of the term is unclear.
- Although cannabis is the most controversial brownie mix-in, walnut remains the most popular and legal.
- Typically served as a dessert, brownies can be enjoyed for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack!
Enjoy your brownie!