Country Gourmet Home Customer Newsletter – July 2012
To our wonderful customers!
We thought it would be beneficial this month to go over some commonly asked customer questions, here our our responses.
Do I have to thaw my chicken before using slow cooker mixes?
-Our slow cooker mixes are tested to be made from “freezer to crock pot”? Just like you we live a very busy schedule and don’t always remember to defrost!
Simply add your frozen meat to the crock pot and follow the directions on your product package, slow cook and enjoy!
Are their product ingredients listed anywhere?
-We are upgrading our software and are pleased to announce full product ingredient lists will be coming soon.
Are your products “all natural”?
– There are no current regulations on what is considered to officially be “all natural”, so we avoid using this claim. We believe that what you feed your families should be based on your personal guidelines and that is why we have decide to post our ingredients lists, so you can determine for your own family what specif products meet your needs.
Are any of your products “organic”?
– We currently are using some organic spices and seasonings. Our Chicken Fajita Seasoning that we have as a limited edition mix will be available as a permanent item in our Fall lineup as one of our first ORGANIC mixes.
What about preservatives?
– We do not ADD any preservatives to our mixes. However, some raw products or ingredients such as cheeses may have antioxidants to prevent spoiling.
Where are these mixes made?
– Our mixes are all handmade in Preston, ID in a commercial kitchen. We carry a Food Processing License by the state of Idaho. In addition, although not required all of our staff have food handlers permits. Anyone entering our kitchen area also must be wearing a hair net and gloves at all times.
Why is there a large variance on shipping, sometimes I have my order in three days and sometimes it is a couple of weeks?
– Due to the nature of our products and our commitment to provide you handmade fresh ingredients we do not store our products. Each one is made by hand to ensure quality and freshness. Think of this like choosing fast food or a family diner, one is quick and one is quality. We also have “complete” mixes and this means that they take additional time to make. As we continue to grow and add more staff members our shipping times also improve.
Thank you for your support!
Blessings from our family to yours,
Shane & Amy Beth
July Tickle Your Taste Buds
Limited edition bundle on SALE this month only!
– Cake Batter Fudge – White chocolate fudge that tastes just like cake batter! Add milk and butter, sprinkles included.
– Watermelon White Chocolate Dessert –White chocolate chips in a watermelon blast! Just add whipped topping for a dessert dip or cream cheese and a graham cracker crust for an easy no bake cheese cake.
– Tropical Chicken Salad Mix – Filled with coconut, macadamia nuts, pineapple & cranberry. Just add chicken and mayonnaise.
– Chicken Fajita Seasoning – just add water and chicken, a flavorful sensation!
– Raspberry Peach Scone Mix – similar to a biscuit these scones are fit for a king! Includes real raspberry and peach dices. Just add water and bake, don’t forget your jam.
– Surprise Scent Wickless Wax Melt
Dreamy Orange Cheesecake Bites
Dreamy Orange Cheesecake Bites
-Country Gourmet Home Dreamy Orange Cheesecake Mix
-Crushed Graham Crackers
*Follow directions on package for cheese ball. Then roll the cheese ball batter into bite sized balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
Submitted by: Susan Noel
Cindy, who loves “cookinwithmixes“!